Monday, January 28, 2008

Pizza Dough Recipe


Here's the recipe for the pizza dough I made this weekend. I actually found it at Biblical Womanhood and it is VERY good! I had been making a whole wheat crust prior to this, but Mike and the kids thought it was too "chewy". This recipe is now their favorite.
1 Tbsp. yeast
1 Cup warm water
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil or olive oil
2 1/2 Cups flour

I just dissolved the yeast in the water in my mixing bowl, added the rest of the ingredients and mixed. Then roll out your dough and press into a greased pan and add toppings. Bake at 450 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes.

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Yum! We love to make homemade pizza too.

n. said...

Thanks so much! I usually use Whole wheat crust as well, but the kids aren't lovin' it.

Anonymous said...

Hi Buff, I make this same pizza dough recipe except I let it rise. We love it and have it several times a month. Enjoy your website.

50s Housewife said...

Thank you! :) It's quick and easy isn't it?